Me & Dad

Saturday, October 6, 2007

HE DOES ALL THINGS WELL?

I was recently at a retreat, with about 300 missionaries, all of the MTW Missionaries from Asia and their families. It was a great time of refreshing for all of us with encouraging times in the Word and heavenly worship in song also. One morning we had a special treat in music from a fellow missionary who is a Taiwanese national. She sings and plays the piano and recently won a grammie type award in Taiwan. Taiwan went through some horrible uprisings and political turmoil as she was growing up. Her father, who was a pastor, was jailed for five years. One night there was an assassin sent to their house and her grandmother, brother and sister were killed right in front of her and she was wounded. The morning of the retreat she sang the song, "All The Way My Savior Leads Me." The last part of the first verse, "For I know whatever befall me, Jesus doeth all things well, for I know whatever befall me Jesus doeth all things well. What a testimony from someone who could think so differently, be so bitter, yet the Lord has done such a GREAT work in her heart and in her life. I had a plaque given to me once by one of my mentors with a saying on it by Corrie Ten Boom. I wish I could remember exactly what it said, but it said basically that EVERYTHING that God puts into your life is the perfect preparation for the life the Lord has prepared for you. Corrie Ten Boom saw most of her family die around her in a Nazi concentration camp because they aided Jews in trying to flee from the horrible persecution. Today I have friends in Myanmar - Christians that we have ministered alongside of for six or seven years now. I am not sure how they are right now, but I know that whatever is happening they are standing firm, knowing that what He has planned for them is for good and not for evil.
I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them, and my soul is
downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself,
'The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him
Lamentations 3:12-24

1 comment:

15010 said...

welcome to blog land Cheryl. good to talk to you today even if it was about the crazy exchange rate perdictions.