Me & Dad

Thursday, October 11, 2007

THE MOST FUNNEST DAY!!!


As I alluded to in a posting above, I recently went to Malaysia for a week for a retreat with other missionarys. On our "day off" we had opportunity to do several different activities and I, of course, chose to get out and be with animals! And, I also talked my team into going with me! We first went to an elephant reserve and were able to feed elephants, ride elephants and actually get dumped into the river by an elephant, which is what was about to happen in the picture above. We also got to play with two little orphan elephants in the river - it was GREAT! Then we drove about 2 hours and on our way to dinner stopped by this place where there were about 25 Leaf Monkeys hanging out waiting for peanuts! Well, I must have bought 15 packs of peanuts and had monkeys climbing all over me. It was a BLAST!! I praise the Lord for His sense of creativity! I don't know who is funnier looking - me or the monkey - don't answer that!! Actually, our hair styles were very similar! I find great joy in being out in God's nature and with all that He has created - well, maybe not all - I asked if there were many snakes in Malaysia and the driver told me there were thousands of King Cobras! Fortunately, I did not see that part of the Lord's creation on my time there!

1 comment:

b said...

Wow! TWO pictures...you're doing advanced blogging now! Sounds like you had lots and lots of fun. The monkey's hair and yours DO actually look a little alike! :)