Me & Dad

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Belinda's challenge

The huge orange orb of a moon spoke to me as it rose over the horizon, telling me of the Father's glory. I had hurried down the road, catching glimpses of it through the sparse spaces in the woods. I was finally able to pull into my sister's driveway and take out my camera to try and get a picture of it as it rose through the trees that were devoid of leaves in the cold winter air. I took picture after picture, balancing my camera on the top of the car to try to keep it from moving as the shutter speed had to be so slow to catch it without a flash. Why is it our pictures can never convey the specialness of God's creation; inadequate glimpses of the awesomeness of what He created with just a word!

3 comments:

b said...

Great! And so true...God speaks a word and creates beauty...we write and write and write just trying to describe what He has done. Is this the picture you took? Love you, B.

hipmissionary said...

Yes, I took the picture - the best of the lot, but still not so good.

Lynn Cross said...

Great writing, Cheryl. I also am trying to write something about the moon from B.'s challenge. Check out my blog. Thanks for all your encouragement. Keep writing. Love, Lynn