Me & Dad

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MAJESTIC OLD LADY

I like this old lady! I actually took this picture off of my computer - it is a picture that is on an internet site that I have been going to for years - I wanted to put her on my blog so the only way I knew how to do that was to just take a picture of the picture on my computer! Those who are more savy are probably laughing, but hey, here she is!
I have no idea who she is, but doesn't she look like she has lived a lot, seen a lot and done a lot? I like the sparkle that I see in her eyes, that sense of engagement with whomever she is looking at. There seems to be a little twinkle still there - I bet she is a handful! I know she has no teeth, and certainly has a fair share of wrinkles, and.... you'll probably think I'm a little weird, but you know what? I wouldn't mind looking like her when I get old - really old!

1 comment:

Lynn Cross said...

i love that picture too. Somedays I feel like I already look like that. Lynn