Me & Dad

Saturday, August 30, 2008

WHERE DO I COME FROM?

I was just browsing through some old posts and some friends blogs and ran into one that some had answered regarding "Where do I come from?" As I saw an old black and white picture on my friend B's site it made me think of two pictures that I keep on top of my tv. I scanned them and there they are above. The top picture (I am the blond, sitting on the ground next to my mom) was taken just months before my mother's death. I was five years old. My little sister, Cindy was just six months old when my mom went to be with the Lord. The other picture was taken before that, I am not sure how old I am there, maybe around 3 or 4, but as you can tell, it looks like I am already excited about being outside and fishing! That is my older sister, Carolyn with me and Dad in the picture.
My mom was a tiny little woman, not even five foot tall, and never weighed over 100 lbs - well, maybe when she was pregnant. I can't imagine us with her today - I am definitely the largest of the three girls, and the tallest at almost 5'8", but even Carolyn at 5'2" would tower over her! I don't remember much about her, but all that I have heard about her from those who knew her has made me glad. I do know that she loved the Lord and desired to raise up her children in His ways. I know she was a faithful, loving friend, and that she had many friends. I know she loved my dad and I know she loved me. Another of those perks of eternity will be that I will get to really know her and to be able to make up the time we have missed, though not as mother/daughter, but as co-heirs and sisters in Christ. Another thing I know is that she LOVED to eat black-eyed peas and rice and all three of her girls have inherited that! She had brown hair, but blue eyes - and she is who I get my blue eyes from. Although I do not look anything like her, some older relatives tell me every once in a while that I will have a facial expression that reminds them of her. That brings me joy!

No comments: