Me & Dad

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ocean Pics

I took this one sunset while I was at Beach Camp with 100 kids!! We have a church that comes from St. Louis; The Kirk of the Hills, every other year and takes all of the kids in our street childrens homes to a camp at the beach. This was our first year since we have opened ABP4 and have added 25 children - which now means 100 kids!! Yikes!! It was a crazy, but great week with all the kids and the team from The Kirk as well. By the way, this picture was taken in the puddles of the low tide as the sun was setting.
One of the most precious gifts the Lord gives us is our brothers and sisters in Christ! I have known this for a long time, but just reminded this past few weeks having some old friends close. The team leaders from the Kirk have been friends of mine for over 20 years and I have been a part of their family as their children were born and as they have been growing up. Michael is now 19 and a sophmore in college and Katie is starting school in a week or two as a senior. Boy, their parents are sure getting old! It was such a joy to see how the kids have grown - physically, emotionally and spiritually. The awesome thing is is that they love me and I love them, more and more as the years go on. I can't tell you how good it was to have old precious friends close - and how hard it was to let them go home! There were several on that team who have been here every trip since 2002 and it is amazing the bond that we now have. One great guy who I had never known before 2002 now prays for me every day - EVERY DAY!! What more can you ask for? It is amazing the relationships the Lord gives us that we will be able to enjoy through all the rest of eternity. Sometimes it is the pits being far away from home and trying to live and minister in another culture! But, the Lord has given me many great eternal relationships that I would have never had being here - both with Filipinos and many Americans I have met from teams coming in. Even in the midst of all the hard stuff there is the joy of being part of Christ' Bride!

No comments: