Me & Dad

Thursday, August 28, 2008

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Sandra and I went to the beach this last weekend on a much needed quiet weekend! It was a very pretty resort about a 2 1/2 hour drive through beautiful green agricultural area. In fact, the same drive that I took last week when I was out on my antsy drive. We were sitting outside in this wonderful little hut they give you (need better word than hut as it was quite nice) so you can sit outside by the ocean with roof over your head and cushions behind your back! It had sheer cotton drapes which we definitely kept open to be able to both see and hear the water lapping on the shore! The only thing I am afraid to tell you is that I was there for three days and did not get in the water - am I getting old or what?!?!? I took a picture of the hut from the beach at night with the lights all around it - it is the top picture.
As we were talking together and looking through Genesis we found where it wasn't until after the flood that God gave us animals to eat - before the flood we were vegans! I didn't know that before. Then Sandra brought up that she was reading some book and it talked about the fact that Eve was not shocked or suprised that the serpent came up and talked to her! That had never dawned on me either. So, it could lead you maybe to surmise that animals used to be able to talk or communicate with us! How exciting for this animal lover!! You know, it talks about how on the New Earth the lion will lay down with the lamb and the snake won't bite. We will be back like in the garden - where we will be in total harmony again with the animals. I can't wait!! That is only one of the small joys we will have in eternity! Sandra said she was even more excited that we would be in total harmony with one another - no more strained relationships! And, of course, the big one, we will be perfectly united with Christ - able to worship Him perfectly and have unblemished relationship!! HALLELUJAH!!!!
By the way, that beautiful little boy is my nephew Bradon - I took that picture last Christmas when I was home - can't wait to get home in November to see how much he has grown!

No comments: