Me & Dad

Monday, June 30, 2008

BALUT!!!!!


Well, aren't you glad I decided to share this wonderful picture with you!!! I know I haven't posted anything in a while; I have been busy and I think I am a "spurty" blogger. I do so much work on my computer, that sometimes it just feels like more work to sit down and post something.
But I am here now to tell you a little bit about one of the Philippines favorite food! It is a duck egg that has been allowed to grow for about 14 days (I am really not sure on the time line.) and then boiled. To be honest, not all Filipinos like them - I think it is an acquired taste. I took a bite out of one, but the feathers really got to me and I spit it out and did not go any further. We buy them for our teams that come over to see who is really a true cultural hero - or, you could put another word in there also.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Glad you didn't waste your $ on me!

Lynn Cross said...

I echo that sentiment. i am thrilled you posted something. I love you. Lynn

b said...

Nasty...can't believe you even tried it! B.

Damon261 said...

i'm not going to tell you what i thought that was when i saw it!