Me & Dad

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lynn's Challenge -The Wakulla River


I was already out sitting in my canoe fly-casting for bass as the sun started to rise. There was a mist rising from the river that seemed to hang in the air like a gossamer cloud. Through it I could see the beautiful variations of pink and rose of the rising sun. As my canoe glided gently with the current, I could hear the “plop, plop” of wary turtles falling off their logs as I approached. I slowly passed by a great heron intent on his own hunting efforts. I sighed, knowing my days on this beautiful Florida river were numbered as I was soon to start a new journey thousands of miles away. I wondered what beauty the Lord would surround me with on that side of His creation?


The challenge: Describe sitting in a small boat out on the water, without mentioning the following words: water, blue, green, rocky, wavy, hot, cold, or fish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be my favorite yet! Great job Cheryl!

b said...

"There was a mist rising from the river that seemed to hang in the air like a gossamer cloud." Liked that! Good one, B.

Lynn Cross said...

This was great Cheryl. i felt like I was there! Love ya, Lynn